Project status: Open
How to have YourSay:
As our city continues to grow, we want to hear from Canberrans about your priorities for investment in services and infrastructure, now and in the years ahead.
Make a submission now with your thoughts and ideas for the 2019-20 ACT Budget.
You can share your views by:
- taking the survey, or
- sending your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate on your submission whether you are happy for it to be made public for other Canberrans to read.
We are looking at:
The annual Budget consultation process is one of the ways that Canberrans, community groups and local organisations can have a say on how and where the Government should invest to boost services and infrastructure, as well as how we ensure a fair and sustainable base to fund this.
The Budget consultation encompasses the ACT Government’s core areas of responsibility:
- Hospitals and healthcare
- Local schools and education
- Public transport, roads and active travel
- Suburban and municipal services
- Community services and support for families
- Economic development.
In making a submission, we particularly encourage you to consider the following questions:
- What services do you believe are most important for the ACT?
- How can the ACT Government deliver current services more efficiently or in ways that better meet the needs of our community?
- Are there particular services that you think the ACT Government should stop delivering or should deliver in a different way?
- What new ideas, services or programs should the ACT consider to meet emerging or evolving community needs?
Who can provide input:
We encourage all Canberrans to have their say. This engagement may be of particular interest to community and business groups and organisations.
We will use your views to:
Your ideas will help inform the development of Budget priorities for 2019-20, and decisions about how budget funding is allocated.
If you provide permission for your submission or survey to be made public, it will be uploaded to the Budget Consultation website for other Canberrans to consider. Confidential items will still be reviewed by the ACT Government, but will not be published on this website.
Where your money goes
Where your money goes
The ACT Government’s investments through the Budget demonstrate our focus on delivering accessible and high quality healthcare, great local schools, strong support for families and effective transport and municipal services across our city and suburbs.
These charts show how the Government currently allocates resources to these key areas. We want to hear your views about how these and other priorities should be addressed through the 2019-20 Budget.
For each Canberra household, on average the Government delivers...
Share your views
Share your feedback and ideas through the survey below to help inform the development of priorities for the 2019-20 Budget.
The questions below are aimed at guiding you through this process. You are free to complete the survey, send us a submission at email@example.com, or both (please remember to indicate on your submission whether it is confidential or can be made public).