Temporary improvements to the Dickson Pool forecourt helped you enjoy this space over summer. The project concluded with the pool’s closure over the cooler months on 18 March 2020.
The survey is now closed. We also undertook ‘place audits’ to see how the space is used. A final report with key findings and recommendations of the survey, place audits and key stakeholder engagement will be made available in due course. The report will inform a future detailed design for other upgrades.
Thank you for coming along to have a look at these improvements and taking our survey to let us know how you feel the new space is working and what else we could consider
The temporary improvements followed engagement with the community on the broader Section 72 precinct, which told us upgrades of the pool forecourt was one of their top priorities and suggested how this space could be improved. The improvements included new landscaping, shade, seating, bike parking and pavement art.
One of the new, permanent features is four semi-mature trees, transplanted from a nearby development site (Block 6, Section 72 Dickson) as part of a transplant trial by the City Renewal Authority, Environment, Planning and Sustainable Development Directorate and Transport Canberra and City Services Directorate
- Where is the Dickson Pool forecourt?
- Why is the Dickson pool forecourt being improved?
- How will the transplanted trees be cared for?
- How long will the improvements remain?
- What has informed the design and temporary makeover?
- Will key stakeholders and the broader community be consulted on the design?
- What will happen to the outcome of community consultation?