Public consultation has now closed.
Stage 1 improvements
In mid 2017 Stage 1 improvements to the public realm were delivered at Kambah Village. These included:
- better access into the central courtyard with wider compliant stairs and handrails
- changes to the retaining walls in the central courtyard to open up the area for greater use
- removal of the existing decking and repaving the area as a level courtyard for more outside dining
- new furniture in the central courtyard
- an improved pedestrian ramp and access towards the Chinese restaurant
- upgraded landscape with new trees and garden beds.
Stage 2 upgrade
In 2018 the next stage of improvements will be rolled out to the centre and will include:
- new public toilet facilities
- new and upgraded playground equipment including additional shade
- additional car parking to the south east of the centre
- new public community gathering space with new furnishings, trees and lawn
- upgraded lights in the public realm
- better pedestrian connections to the east via the bridge over the drainage swale
- additional screening of the rubbish collection area between the Kambah Inn and courtyard
- upgrade of pavements in the service area between the Kambah Inn and courtyard
- improved safety treatments through the existing eastern car park.
These improvements were identified during consultation with the community ahead of the Stage 1 upgrade.