How to have YourSay:
We want to hear your ideas for upgrades to the laneway connection to Lake Tuggeranong!
In 2017-18 a concept design for the laneway upgrade was prepared in consultation with key community stakeholder representatives including Tuggeranong Community Council.
We are now seeking feedback from the wider community on these designs. Your feedback will help to inform the final designs, and you can provide comments by:
- using the interactive map below to view the concept designs and make comments on them
- visiting Tuggeranong Library to view the concept designs and fill out a hard copy survey
- emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with feedback on the concept designs
- attending a community information session in the laneway to Lake Tuggeranong:
- Thursday 25 October 2018, 11 am - 1 pm
- Saturday 27 October 2018, 10 am - 12 pm.
We are looking at:
The concept design shows the broad vision for a renewed space that is accessible, safe, useable and inviting; one that re-establishes visual connection to the lake, encourages people to move through easily and safely, as well as stop, enjoy the place and bring more vitality and commercial activity to Tuggeranong Town Centre.
The Laneway project site starts at the edge of the Anketell Street road corridor opposite South.Point, and continues through the Town Square, road cross-over at Cowlishaw Street and to the Lake Tuggeranong foreshore; it includes the two laneways that connect car parks to the north and south of the Town Square.
The Laneway was originally designed as a civic space in the 1980’s but no longer suits the needs of a growing Tuggeranong Town Centre. It is cluttered, worn, enclosed and uninviting. Views to the lake are obscured by the current tree arrangement and access is difficult.
The concept design prepared in 2018 for the laneway upgrade proposes an accessible, safe and more inviting space that attracts people and more commercial activity.
Consultation with the wider community is now needed so that the concept design can be developed in more detail in preparation for construction.
We will use your views to:
The feedback we receive during consultation will help inform the final designs.
Provide your feedback on the interactive map below. We'd like to know how you would use the spaces and where you want to see street furniture, bike racks and bin enclosures.
The above concept design for the Laneway upgrade includes a number of features including:
- removal of planter beds to provide an area for outdoor dining and cafe seating
- new paving to provide a consistent surface to the lake edge
- removal of some trees, hard surfaces and walls to create an open space suitable for everyday use and events
- create a link from the town square to the lake with accessible ramps
- create a raised pedestrian crossing on Cowlishaw Street, and
- a new grassed terrace area with shade and seating.