How you had your say:
We have been in a conversation on light rail for over eight (8) years and in that time you have shared your views via:
- 11,000 survey responses
- 17,087 face to face conversations
- 19,496 responses to formal consultation activities
- 2,990 businesses and shopping centres visited
- 700 construction engagements
- 2,800 media mentions
What we heard:
We have been monitoring, listening, engaging, presenting, answering questions, responding to correspondence through to joining talk back radio and we have heard 10 key themes emerge:
- Project Versus Cost Benefit
- Changing Identity and Impact on Heritage
- Business Impacts
- Design and Stop Locations
- Park & Ride Facilities
- Integrated Transport Network
- Safety and Access
- Improving Communications
- Future Stages Light Rail Network
How we are using your views:
We have listened, and as we plan for the Canberra's next stage of the light rail network, we will improve by:
- Providing more communication about the light rail network; including access to interactive maps and visualizations to assist in understanding the cost factor in decision making throughout the project.
- Outlining how we will protect heritage and environment through approval processes that are open for community comment.
- Holding community sessions to discuss what is being planned for stops, access to stops, rail design, parking, and protection of green spaces.
- Starting our engagement program early with targeted groups including businesses.
- Providing more information about the interfaces between cycling, bus, and light rail; and installing more Bike & Ride infrastructure to support access to the light rail network.
- Hosting an ongoing safety campaign for light rail and the related construction areas.
- Providing early advice on what to expect with construction timing and staging, with more on-ground community relations staff to meet with, and help to identify how impacts can be minimized.