Project Status: In Progress
How you had YourSay:
The ACT Government has a vision of an integrated transport network that provides a range of options for moving people around our growing city. That means you could have more ways to travel to your workplace, local school or shops.
From 18 December 2018 to 31 March 2019 you provided feedback on the draft Strategy by:
- telling us your priorities and giving us suggestions on the YourSay portal
- sharing your views and ideas at community workshops exploring the focus areas of active travel, safety, future transport and accessibility
- sharing ideas through forums including community council meetings, a youth engagement workshop, the ACT Young Planners talk and the Environment and Planning Forum
- engaging through social media, and
- sharing your views through written submissions.
We are looking at:
Our previous transport strategy, Transport for Canberra, provided a great foundation for the network we have today. However, things have changed between 2012 and now. We are building light rail. Our bus network is being restructured. We are now predicting population growth of 100,000 between now and 2030.
Moving Canberra proposes to take the ambition of Transport for Canberra further by suggesting a long-term vision for a smart, customer-focused, sustainable and integrated transport network. The draft Strategy utilises a movement and place framework and provides possible strategic directions, actions policies, infrastructure, programs and services needed to meet our customers’ needs and expectations.
For you, this new Strategy could mean:
- clean, attractive, safe, easy-to-use interchange facilities
- better footpaths
- a more comprehensive cycling network
- reliable buses
- more light rail
- new transport technologies such as delivery drones and autonomous vehicles.
Significant elements of the Strategy have already undergone community consultation via the Planning and Climate Change strategies, the new bus network consultation, and the light rail consultation. This consultation will therefore focus on areas that have not yet been discussed in detail with the community, including:
- active travel
- future transport
We will use your views to:
Your feedback collected as part of this consultation will contribute to the development of the final Moving Canberra strategy and its proposed actions. A full consultation report is now available.
- How does Moving Canberra align with the ACT Planning Strategy 2018 and the upcoming ACT Climate Change Strategy?
- Why aren’t you asking about light rail and the new bus network?
- Why are you focussing on a selection of actions outlined in the Strategy, rather than the full list?
- What difference will my comments make?
- I have more to say. How do I let you know how I feel about other parts of the Strategy?