Project status: In Progress
How you had YourSay:
At the start of 2018 we wanted to hear from you about your engagement experience with the ACT Government by taking a survey. Check out the What We Heard report to see who engaged and key insights from your comments.
After hearing from you, we’re implementing:
- 'What We Heard' reports for all engagements on YourSay
- consistent information, plain English and page structures for all online engagements on YourSay
- publishing a summary of telephone survey results
- continuing discussions with peak bodies and community organisations
- continuing to support DeliberateACT, the Community of Interest for improving engagement practices
- an engagement experience survey again in 2019.
We are looking at:
We’re getting ready for a city which will be home to 500,000 people by 2030 with 7,000 new Canberrans every year. We’re planning for where Canberrans will live, the schools and hospitals they will need, how they will easily move around the city and adapt to a changing climate.
Over the coming months and years we’ll be listening to you, asking your opinion, and consulting and considering with you the tough issues and great opportunities that lie ahead.
We’ll make sure you’re informed about what government is doing, why we’re doing it and how we can support you to enjoy living, working and playing in Canberra.
We're committed to strengthening engagement and delivering meaningful, responsive, accountable and inclusive opportunities for genuine engagement. We're continuing to learn by piloting new approaches, listening to the experiences of Canberrans and seeking advice to strengthen our relationship and improve your engagement experience.
Your views are being used to:
The insights about how you engage with government are helping us track improvements and take practical steps to improve engagement experience for all Canberrans.
We’re also having ongoing conversations with stakeholder organisations in the Canberra community to better understand how we can improve the way we work together.
Share your experiences
Share your experiences
Have feedback on a recent engagement you participated in? Share your feedback and we’ll take it on board to continue improving the way we engage with you.
Timeline item 1
- The Canberra Plan: Towards our Second Century
- Time to Talk and Improving Community Engagement Report
Timeline item 3
Timeline item 4
Timeline item 5
Timeline item 6
- Deliberative engagement pilot: CTP Citizens Jury
- Expert advice of ACT engagement practices
Timeline item 7
- Whole of Government Communications and Engagement Strategy released
- first engagement experience survey opened
- DeliberateACT - Community of Interest launched
- What We Heard report released
Timeline item 8
- Updated Whole of Government Communications and Engagement Strategy released
- Second engagement experience survey released