Project status: In Progress
How you had YourSay:
Thanks to everyone who gave feedback on how the ACT Government engages with the Canberra community.
By participating in our online survey or leaving your comments through our short form, you are helping us measure our progress and improve your engagement experience with us.
We are looking at:
We are now considering your feedback and working to make the information on our engagements clear and easy to follow, including how to participate, when and how your feedback will be used, and who we engage with.
We're committed to strengthening engagement and delivering meaningful, responsive, accountable and inclusive opportunities for genuine engagement.
When we engage with you, we are aiming to meet these standards:
- We provide meaningful engagements where the community has a clear, relevant and timely information to help shape decisions.
- We are accountable when we engage and we give the community feedback to help build an understand how they are contributing to decisions, projects and policies.
- We are responsive to the community seeking to grow strong relationships for future collaboration and cooperation.
- We are inclusive and respectful when we engage, finding ways to ensure engagement is equitable.
We will use your views to:
The insights about how you engage with government will help us understand your perspective, and help us take practical steps to improve the engagement experience for all Canberrans.
We’re also having ongoing conversations with stakeholder organisations in the Canberra community to better understand how we can improve the way we work together.
We’ll release a report on
What We Heard shortly.
Timeline item 1
- The Canberra Plan: Towards our Second Century
- Time to Talk and Improving Community Engagement Report
Timeline item 3
Timeline item 4
Timeline item 5
Timeline item 6
- Deliberative engagement pilot: CTP Citizens Jury
- Expert advice of ACT engagement practices
Timeline item 7
- Whole of Government Communications and Engagement Strategy released
- First engagement experience survey opened
- DeliberateACT - Community of Interest launched
- What We Heard report released
Timeline item 8
- Updated Whole of Government Communications and Engagement Plan released
- Second engagement experience survey released
At the beginning of 2018, the first Whole of Government Communications and Engagement Strategy was published so Canberrans could see when they might be able to engage in decision-making.
At the same time, we surveyed the community on YourSay and by phone to better understand the engagement experience of Canberrans. You can see a summary of What We Heard here and a detailed Engagement Report here.
Since hearing from you last year, we have:
- introduced ‘What We Heard' reports for all engagements on YourSay
- implemented plain English, and consistent information and page structures for all online engagements on YourSay
- published summaries of telephone survey results
- continued discussions with peak bodies and community organisations
- continued to support DeliberateACT, the Community of Interest for improving engagement practices, and
- Updated the Communications and Engagement Plan so you can see what conversations are coming up in 2019.