Draft Canberra Mountain Bike Report
The Draft Canberra Mountain Bike Report has proposals for where to focus further work and investment to maximise the industry and experience:
- new aspirational trail experiences and the existing trail network
- positioning Canberra as Australia’s mountain bike capital
- coordinating marketing and promotion.
The areas that offer the best potential for the development of new trails are:
- a new epic trail network at Blue Range in the Uriarra Forest area
- a new iconic ‘flow trail’ from Stromlo Forest Park to Cotter Recreation Reserve (Stoney Creek Nature Reserve) with a return climb
- a recreation trail network at Cotter Recreation Area, and
- a new shared-use trail along the Murrumbidgee Discovery Track.
The community can explore recommendations including descriptions of new trail experiences in the Draft Canberra Mountain Bike Report and have their say by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org before 5:00 pm on Monday 2 November 2020.
Your feedback will be considered in the completion of the Final Report as well as in the development of a Trail Plan for the proposed new trail network.