How to have YourSay:
There are a variety of ways for all interested Canberrans to have their say on the future of the Canberra Technology Park site (Block 1, Section 13 Watson).
Share your views by:
- Taking the quick poll and Canberra Technology Park survey
- Dropping a comment pin on the interactive map
- Filling out the survey and sharing your ideas at one of our many community events, including the community picnic on Sunday 4 March from 11am-2pm at Canberra Technology Park
We are looking at:
The Canberra Technology Park site, on the corner of Windeyer St and Phillip Avenue is a public asset that was once a high school from 1965 to 1988. Shortly after, Canberra Institute of Technology (CIT) took over the site and the Academy of Interactive Entertainment (AIE) and Canberra City Band have been the main tenants at the site. We know this is an important site for many Canberrans, whether it’s because they used to go to Watson High, because they’ve worked at the site, or because they use the oval.
We want to know what you love about the site and what improvements you would like to see if it is redeveloped. Specifically:
- Do you support the redevelopment and revitalisation of this site as a higher education and enhanced community precinct?
- What are the most important features of the site that should be included in a new development?
- Would you support multilevel student accommodation on the site if it preserves more of the available public green space?
- How could the existing public green space be enhanced?
We will use your views to:
Determine if there is community support for the redevelopment and revitalisation of this site as a higher education and enhanced community precinct, which would include student accommodation and preserve public green space for the whole community to enjoy. If there is support, we will conduct a competitive Request for Tender process with strict criteria around any future use of the site limited to higher education and student accommodation.
Comment on the Map
Take the Survey
Canberra Technology Park Survey
Check out our latest events here and register your interest to stay updated on this consultation. We'll update this page when we have new face to face events and activities.
Saturday 10 February 2018 04:00 PM – 07:00 PM
Flix ‘n Dickson Outdoor Family Movie Night
Event: Fill out the Canberra Technology Park survey and have a chat before the movie starts @ Flix ‘n Dickson Outdoor Family Movie Night, 4pm – 7pm
Find us in the forecourt, in front of the Dickson library.
Wednesday 21 February 2018 07:30 PM
North Canberra Community Council Meeting
Event: Have a chat and fill out a feedback card @ North Canberra Community Council Meeting, Downer Community Hall
Sunday 4 March 2018 11:00 AM
Watson community picnic
Event: Have a chat and fill out a feedback card @ the Watson community picnic, 11am -2pm at Canberra Technology Park – kids activities, sausage sizzle and more!
This consultation has been prompted by the need to renew the ageing infrastructure at Canberra Technology Park, and an unsolicited proposal received from The Academy of Interactive Entertainment (AIE), a tenant at the site since 1997.
The AIE has approached the government to enhance their current operations, transforming the site into a state-of-the-art learning and technology hub over the next 10 years.